Traditionally, crawl spaces have been vented to prevent problems with moisture; most building codes require vents to aid in removing moisture from the crawl space. However, many building professionals now recognize that building an unventilated crawl space (or closing vents after the crawl space dries out following construction) is the best option in homes using proper moisture control and exterior drainage techniques.
- Ventilation in the winter makes it difficult to keep crawl spaces warm
- Warm, moist outdoor air brought into the crawl space through foundation vents in the summer is often unable to dehumidify a crawl space. In fact, this moist outdoor air can lead to increased moisture levels in the crawl space.
Upgrade Your Crawl Space
Inhibits Rats & Mold Growth
- Fiberglass Insulation Removed
- Moldy Surfaces Cleaned
- Vapor Proof Foam Sprayed
- 2 Inches = R40 Efficiency
- Rats Can’t Nest/Less Bugs
- Lower Power Bills
- Musty Smells Fixed
- Stops Floor Cupping
- Floors Stay Warmer
Let Energy Smart Inc. get your crawl space dry and useable, ask us how!
Energy Smart has the expertise to take care of all of your insulation needs, please contact us today to find out how we can help you conserve energy in your home.